Becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ is a lifelong process. It doesn't happen in an instant. Wouldn't that be great if it did?
Some of us have grown up in the church our whole lives and it's familiar. Others of us are new to seeing the world through eyes of faith. Regardless, we all are at the same time, loved just as we are, and invited to grow as a disciple of Jesus.
When you feel ready to join the story that Marysville United Methodist Church is writing, we invite each person to make these promises: to be faithful with your prayers, presence, gifts, service & witness.
Some possible next steps:
- Watch this video on what it means to be a disciple of Jesus at Marysville United Methodist Church.
- Email Pastor Jenny to sign up for an upcoming Join the Journey gathering, where you'll hear more about the church and what it means to join our story.
- If you haven't been baptized and would like to explore this opportunity, Pastor Jenny would love to hear from you. Learn more about baptism in the United Methodist Church.
- Check out the different groups meeting right now. Something profound happens when we sit down with others and hear their story and share our own.
- Worship with us on Sunday mornings. It's really okay if you haven't been in church much at all. You don't have to do anything weird. You could even sit in the back row and just check things out. Then make a quick exit at the end. When and if you feel ready to explore more, we'd love to get to know you and hear your story. Some people like to watch our weekly gathering online first before coming in person. Check it out.
ALWAYS LEARNING + GROWING
Common Prayer: A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals
Daily prayers & scripture readings
Upper Room Devotional
Daily scripture readings & reflections
Read the Bible, make notes, read community reflections
A creative guide designed to slow down lives in a hectic world
Guide for 10 minutes of prayer each day
Many different ways of prayer & reading the Bible
Different versions of the Bible
3 minute prayer retreats
3 minutes a day can really make a difference
Spiritual Types Assessment
We’re all different – Take this 10 question assessment to learn more about your spiritual type
United Methodists are rethinking a lot of things lately. Connect with God and your world.